- SHELF LIFE 1 year in tightly sealed, unopened container
- VOC CONTENT 30 g/L maximum
- FORM viscous white paste, mild odor
- PH Not-applicable
- COVERAGE RATE Coverage varies depending on the width and depth of joints. See the Product Data Sheet for more information.
- FREEZE POINT Not applicable
- FLASH POINT >200 ° F (>93° C)
- TOTAL SOLIDS 98%
- WT/GA L11.24 lbs
- AVAILABLE SIZES 20-oz Sausage, 10.3-oz Cartridge
PROSOCO R-Guard AirDam is a gun-grade waterproofing sealant combining the best of silicone and polyurethane properties. Installed as the interior air sealant, AirDam creates a long-lasting, weather-tight seal that prevents moist outside air from entering, and conditioned indoor air from escaping around window and door assemblies. This ensures wind-driven rain and condensed water are diverted to the flashing membrane and water-resistive barrier before it can enter the living space. This single-component, silyl-terminated polymer (STP) is easy to gun and tool in all weather conditions.
AirDam is immediately waterproof and can be applied in unfavorable weather conditions to dry or damp substrates, eliminating many weather-related construction delays and accelerating the “drying in” of new buildings. AirDam cures quickly to produce a durable, high-performance, high-movement, elastomeric sealant. Appropriate for exterior or interior use, AirDam is easily applied with standard caulking tools.