- SHELF LIFE 1 year in tightly sealed, unopened container
- VOC CONTENT <30 g/L
- FORM Viscous liquid, mild odor dark bronze color
- PH Not-applicable
- COVERAGE RATE Exterior Gypsum Board, OSB or Plywood: 50-100 sq ft per gallon, CMU: 50-80 sq ft per gallon.
- FREEZE POINT Not Applicable
- FLASH POINT >200° F (>93° C)
- TOTAL SOLID S99%
- WT/GAL 11.3 lbs
- AVAILABLE SIZES 5-gal
- Passive House High-performance building supply
PROSOCO R-Guard Cat 5 Rain Screen is a fluid-applied, waterproofing, and air and water barrier membrane that combines the best of silicone and polyurethane properties. This single-component, silyl-terminated polymer (STP) can be applied with a sprayer or roller and is specially formulated to meet the unique requirements of pressure-equalized rain screen construction. The air and waterproof barrier produces a highly durable, seamless, elastomeric weatherproof membrane on exterior sheathing behind open-jointed or vented rain screen cladding. Cat 5 Rain Screen is proven to prevent water and air penetration of the building envelope in conditions ranging from everyday weather to the drenching rains and 155-mph winds of a Category 5 hurricane. Cat 5 Rain Screen can be applied in unfavorable weather conditions to dry or damp substrates. This feature eliminates many weather-related construction delays and accelerates the €œdrying in€ of new buildings. The durable, elastomeric membrane adheres to most surfaces, is immediately waterproof and is compatible with most sealants and waterproofing or air barrier components.
60 DAY DELAY