Proven Protection against Fire, Moisture and Noise
Ideal for horizontal surfaces, 3M™ Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant 1003 SL provides up to 3-hour protection against the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gas when properly installed in tested and listed systems. Our silicone sealant is tested to stringent standards: it is perimeter fire barrier tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 2307, firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) & CAN/ULC S115 and Fire Resistance tested for construction joint systems in accordance with ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079). It also resists moisture according to UL Water Leakage Test, W Rating – Class 1 requirements, minimizes noise transfer (STC-Rating of 56 when tested in a STC 56-rated wall assembly) and acts as a smoke seal for installations requiring the L-Rating. It meets the intent of LEED® VOC environmental regulations, and it meets International Building Code (IBC) as well as other key life safety building code requirements.
Dynamic and static construction joints
Perimeter fire barrier system and curtain wall joints
Firestop blank openings
Penetrating items that pass through fire-rated floors
Delivering Benefits Right Out of the Container
This durable, flexible firestop sealant is also very easy to use. It is a single-component silicone sealer which can be applied using conventional caulking equipment with no mixing required. Its self-leveling formula virtually eliminates the need for tooling. The neutral cure silicone sealant cures through exposure to natural environmental humidity and provides excellent adhesion with very low odor. Once applied, 3M™ Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant 1003 SL is re-enterable, repairable and exhibits excellent weathering during construction which cuts down on time and rework.
Reliable and Affordable Fire Protection
Effective and easy to install, 3M™ Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant 1003 SL is part of our family of fire protection products that offer the broadest, long-lasting solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial and residential applications. As a trusted leader in the fire protection industry, 3M offers a broad line of affordable products designed to meet the most demanding firestop requirements. Find the solution you need from the industry-preferred line of fire protection products.
- Meets UL Water Leakage Test, W Rating (Class 1 requirements)
- The self-leveling formula is optimal for horizontal applications, eliminating the need for tooling
- Offers compression and extension capability of ±31% for dynamic and static construction joints
- Firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC S115
- Fire resistance tested for construction joint (including curtain wall) systems in accordance with ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079), ASTM E 2307
- The single component sealer is ready to use with no mixing required
- Neutral cure – delivers higher adhesion with very little odor
- The halogen-free formula helps control the spread of noxious gasses, smoke, and flame
- Color: Light Gray
- Package Quantity: 12 CART
- Part Number: 1003 SL
- Product Type: Sealant