ROCKWOOL Cavityrock® semi-rigid stone wool insulation board available in mono and dual-density is designed for exterior cavity wall and rain screen applications. Choose mono-density insulation in thicknesses up to 2” or dual-density in thicknesses of 2.5” to 6”.
Compatible with numerous cladding attachment systems, Cavityrock® is a durable solution with non-combustible characteristics meaning that the insulation will not develop toxic smoke or promote flame spread even when directly exposed to fire. Approved for use in many NFPA 285-compliant designs, it is an important component of fire-resilient exterior wall systems when used as a continuous insulation.
Cavityrock® also offers energy efficiency with reliable thermal performance, improved acoustic comfort, and is moisture-resistant to maintain insulating value for the long term.
Also available in a black mat facer finish for open-joint cladding systems, Cavityrock® Black combines your insulation install with masking in a single step, reducing installation time and material cost to achieve your desired design aesthetic.
Sold in 2″ x 24″ x 48″ and 3″ x 24″ x 48″ dimensions.
- Non-combustible stone wool insulation with a melting point of approximately 1177°C (2150°F)
- Fire-resistant due to its high melting temperature
- Water and moisture resistant; does not absorb moisture to maintain insulating value
- Chemically inert
- Does not rot or promote the growth of mildew, fungi, or bacteria
- CFC- and HCFC- free product and process
- Made from natural and recycled materials
- ROCKWOOL® can contribute to earning LEED® points