WinSert Plus, a unique high performance product utilizing a super-insulated, low profile fiberglass frame, but coupled with a high performance insulated glass unit (IGU) rather than a piece of thin glass. This is composed of thin glass, a piece of low-emissivity coated glass, a warm edge spacer and either argon or krypton gas fill.
- Weight: Dual-pane performance with single-pane weight
- Thermal Insulation: Up to almost 6x better
- Solar heat gain reduced by >50%
- Air Infiltration: Reduced by 97%
- Single Glazed U-factor improved from 1.12 †’ 0.19 (lower is better)
- Single Glazed SHGC improved from 0.73 †’ 0.28 (lower is better)
WinSert®, the ultra-lightweight, ultra-high performance, secondary, interior window insert from Alpen High Performance Products is the perfect solution to today’s sustainability problems in poorly-performing buildings.
The Sustainability Problem by the Numbers
- Almost 40 years: Median age of U.S. buildings
- Almost 30% of U.S. Total: Amount of energy waste and greenhouse gases that buildings are responsible for
- More than 1/3: Heating and cooling energy use that’s related to a building’s windows
According to the U.S. General Services Administration, high-performance windows could reduce this window-related heating and cooling energy by almost 25%.
- Significantly improve existing window performance: Single-pane windows effectively become triple-pane
- Reduce operating expenses through lower heating, cooling and fan loads
- Improve occupant comfort and property value: Reduce interior window surface temperatures by up to 30 degrees F
- Easily install in minutes without drilled holes or permanent attachment devices
- Reduce exterior noise, exterior window condensation, air leakage, and interior glare
- Remove easily for primary window cleaning or maintenance
- High-performance building supply
- Passive House building supplies
WinSert® is a nonintrusive and extremely cost-effective alternative to replacing windows with exceptional ROI. Because Alpen High Performance Products are crafted, serviced, and supported in the USA, you can expect MUCH shorter lead and installation times as compared to window competitors or window replacement.