Benefits of R19 Batt Wool Insulation
- Batt wool insulation to be used in all insulation applications.
- Fast, easy and safe installation requiring no special protective clothing.
- Class A rated for Fire Resistance and Smoke Development.
- Treated with boric acid to resist insects.
- Passive House High-performance building material.
- Wool does not support the growth of mold.
- Passive air filtration – amino acids in wool bond with harmful chemicals.
- No off-gassing — natural characteristics make our insulation devoid of harmful chemicals.
Tips on Proper Installation
Tools you’ll need to install :
- Measuring tape
- Insulation knife
- Measuring tape
- Insulation wires
When placing batts in a cavity you want a nice snug fit with the insulation contacting all sides. A simple stapler will work to secure the wool insulation to all wall sides. This will ensure optimal performance. Where the insulation needs to be cut to account for wiring, electrical boxes, etc simply use scissors or your insulation knife. Our R19 batt insulation can be easily manipulated to get a proper fit.
In addition to placing batts, you will also want to make sure your exterior walls are airtight. There are tons of resources available to the DIY community on air sealing… from where to find leaks and how to address them. We’d start with identifying the major culprits. Make sure to check places like exterior door frames, window frames, outlets and switches, etc. From there you can determine the best method of air sealing – caulk, weather stripping, tape, flashing.
Important Shipping Information
- Small Orders ship in boxes via FedEx.
- You will need to schedule and be present for delivery. Shipping company contact details and tracking number will be provided.
- Pallets ship LTL on a semi-truck with a 53′ trailer. Oneway streets, dirt or gravel roads can be problematic and require full disclosure at time of order. Max pallet size is 4’x4’x8′ and is delivered to the curb of street and driveway, it is not delivered to your door.
- Complimentary curb-side lift gate offered on every delivery.
- Please DO NOT accept any offers for inside delivery. The driver’s are not authorized to offer this and it incurs an extra charge of $150.
- Please add up to 3-5 days to shipping estimates for rural addresses.
- We will accept returns with a 20% restocking fee. The customer is responsible for shipping cost.